Albert Einstein

If at first, the idea is not absurd; then, there is no future for it.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

What is with the patience guys!!

Orkut is pass!!!
I was viewing my Facebook page, and found an update from one of my friends. It was an image of a tombstone of ORKUT. And that set the wheels of my mind ... rolling!!!
The first successful social networking site probably ... Orkut made its debut in the year 2004. And now people think that it is well extinct. And now Facebook is the new high. There is no doubt that after some years down the line, the same image will again appear in on the net somewhere, with Facebook instead of Orkut. I don't know why is this happening all the time. Is it that we get bored of everything, very soon. No probably not. Its just that as soon as a new networking site is launched, people get hooked to it, just because their other friends have such an account. Now isn't that true? When did you join FB? When one of your friend told you about it? Or you got an email inviting you to enter that world? These days, there are internet bots (programmes which automatically perform some tasks), who send you such new invitations frequently. So every now and then you receive them, and sooner or later, may be willingly or out of sheer frustration, you click such a link, and then slowly you hook up with that, without giving a damn, about personal security issues with the new site. Anyways, the point is no matter what, something which is selling as hot cake, will be in a couple of years, forgotten altogether. 
Now if I am writing this post, that doesn't mean that I have an Orkut page, and don't have an FB. I have both of them, but I am just not ready to give up on Orkut.

No comments:

Post a Comment