Albert Einstein

If at first, the idea is not absurd; then, there is no future for it.

Friday, January 16, 2009

SC SYNDROME

Well, this post is not about Breaking Codes, Crypto or Computer Games, of some medical disease - its symptoms, causes and cure, as the title might sound like. This post is about those people, who show signs of suffering from a fatal disease called "SC Syndrome" - the superiority complex syndrome. Harsh as it may sound, but true though. Life teaches lot of things everyday and here I am today telling you what I have learnt in the recent times.
I always thought that life is full of people who are ready to help others, have no disregard for others, and are less meaner than are perceived to be. Submitting to this line of thought, I have already made a fool of myself amongst my friends. I am not saying people are not as good as you want them to be. They are, but not many of them. I have met with a countable number of people who are selfless, met a lot of people who are self-centric, and then I met the third kind - the "self-obsessive" kind or the people who show symptoms of "SC Syndrome". This class of people is not very rare to find. You find them all the time, and are mostly in the top slot of a group. The person suffering form this disease, shows symptoms of being toppers all through life, and doing everything that they can, to retain the top spot. They are very determined to win everywhere they compete, have the feeling that whatever they start, will be successful, and that everyone will appreciate there talent. If you appreciate someone else in front of them, the patient shows signs of agony and restlessness. The causes of the disease are not known exactly but is believed to be genetic in nature and is passed on to generations through the parents ...
Competetion is a good thing to have in life, when it doesn't break the boundaries and drive you crazy. But the people suffering from SC Syndrome, take competetion as a challenge (well nothing wrong in that, but read ahead ...) for which they can't accept anyone else other than themselves winning. "Winning" is a word, which assimilates such obsession in them, that their actions aim only at it. For them, end result is of prime importance than the means. For the word in question, everything is justified, from misleading others to misguiding them, from cribbing to defaming others, and from learning everything your competitor knows (whether you actually need to learn them) to doing everything what he does, in an effort to stay ahead of your rivals.
I always ask myself, why do people get obsessed with "Winning no matter what", why do they get crazier and crazier day by day, why do they can't accept that others also can win, why do they can't feel happy when others prove better than them ... I guess all my questions are worthless, a projection of my stupidity, in this "competing" world, with such "maniacs" who are suffering from SC Syndrome.
And then I find my answer, how does it matter to me, if I find myself inferior to someone who is having the "SC syndrome". I wish that, I should never be exposed to such deadly virus, as there is no cure for this, neither is any vaccine available !!!

1 comment:

  1. sab galat hai
    ye jo world hota hai na
    haan world
    ismein do hi prakhaar ke log hote hain
    ek vijay jaise aur ek mere jaise
    hahahaha
    are dil pe mat lo yaar

    ReplyDelete